Video above: The parents of two Australian surfers who were found dead in Baja California, Mexico last week spoke publicly Tuesday, May 7.
SAN DIEGO (FOX 5/KUSI) — The individual suspected of killing three surfers, two Australian brothers and a San Diego man, has been identified by Mexican authorities.
According to the Baja California Attorney General’s Office, a man named Jesus Gerardo ‘N.’ has been taken into custody in connection to the incident. His nickname was reported to be “El Kekas.”
His last name was not made public, just the initial, which is something that has become customary in Mexican law enforcement, sources told FOX 5/KUSI.
The picture below, provided by the Baja California Attorney General’s Office, shows the suspect, whose face and body have been blurred out.
(Courtesy of the Baja California Attorney General’s Office)
The three victims were on a surfing trip in Ensenada, Mexico, when they were reported missing at the end of April after not showing up to their Airbnb rental.
Shortly after, State of Baja California Attorney General María Elena Andrade announced an investigation into their disappearance had been launched.
It was later announced on Friday, May 3, that three bodies had been located in La Bocana, which is about 130 miles south of San Diego. The human remains were recovered from a 50-foot well.
Relatives identified the three men as Jake and Callum Robinson, and Jack Carter Rhoad.
According to Mexican authorities, it’s suspected that thieves apparently killed them after an attempt to steal their truck for its tires went awry.
Baja California prosecutors said at least three suspects are being questioned in connection to the killings. As reported by the Associated Press, Jesus Gerardo ‘N.’ is suspected to have directly participated in the killings at this point in the investigation.
FOX 5’s Salvador Rivera and the Associated Press contributed to this report.
Read: Read More



