Skip to content

Border Blogs & News

Blogs and news from the borders of America.

Menu
  • Home
  • El Paso News
  • El Paso Herald Post
  • Fronterizo News
Menu

KTSM News – Juvenile suspects in Las Cruces park shooting to be held in custody

Posted on March 25, 2025

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – All three juvenile defendants allegedly involved in the mass shooting on Friday evening, March 21 at Young Park in Las Cruces will be held in custody pending further legal proceedings, Doña Ana County District Attorney Fernando R. Macias confirmed.


Suspects in Las Cruces shooting had past criminal history

As we previously reported, there are four suspects in the deadly shooting that killed three teens and injured 15 other people, and they are all facing murder charges.

The adult suspect, Tomas Rivas, 20, had his first appearance in magistrate court on Monday, March 24, regarding the shooting. The three juveniles — two 17-year-old boys and one 15-year-old boy — have not been publicly identified.


UPDATE: 4 suspects arrested in park shooting in Las Cruces

“Macias’ office presented clear and convincing evidence that the three juveniles presented a serious risk of harm to themselves and the community,” read the news release by the DA’s Office.

The DA’s Office said Judge Grace B. Duran granted the state’s motion for continued detention.

“Today’s outcome solidifies my commitment to ensuring that anyone who endangers the safety of our community will face appropriate consequences. Our office recognizes the severity of this incident and will do everything in its power to ensure accountability for those responsible and ensure the safety of our community,” Macias said.

During Tuesday’s hearing, with testimony from Las Cruces Police detectives, Macias presented the role of each defendant in the events that took place on Friday.


Witnesses, family grapple with aftermath of Las Cruces shooting

Macias provided a detailed overview of the involvement of the juveniles, highlighting the significance and dangerousness of their actions, and the ongoing investigation into the shooting, the DA’s Office said.

“This office reasserts its stance on juvenile crime on our community and will not tolerate the criminal and intentional use of firearms to intimidate, hurt, or harass others,” said Senior Trial Attorney Jeanne Quintero. “Our goal is to assist the community in fostering a safe environment for all.”

“The District Attorney’s Office extends its deepest sympathies to the victims of this tragedy and their families and assures the public that all necessary steps are being taken to pursue justice,” read the news release by the DA’s Office.

 Read: Read More 

Recent Posts

  • KTSM News – Agent explains ex-NMSU player’s absence from sexual assault trial
  • Tech Crunch – Tesla, Uber, and Waymo all get the OK to operate thousands of robotaxis in Nevada
  • KTSM News – Next level, excessive heat next week
  • Tech Crunch – AI data startup Micro1 reaches $500M gross run rate amid AI training boom
  • Tech Crunch – Learn what VCs actually want, from a founder who’s raised $1B

El Paso News

El Paso News delivers independent news and analysis about politics and public policy in El Paso, Texas. Go to El Paso News

Politico Campaigns

Are you a candidate running for office? Politico Campaigns is the go-to for all your campaign branding and technology needs.

Go to Politico Campaigns

Custom Digital Art

My name is Martín Paredes and I create custom, Latino-centric digital art. If you need custom artwork for your marketing, I'm the person to call. Check out my portfolio

©2026 Border Blogs & News | Design: Newspaperly WordPress Theme